CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

My four M's

1. Motivation. What motivated me. My Kids, my husband, my life. I didn't want to have health issues, heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure all run in my family. And the biggest contributor to those are being overweight. So I thought about it and I wanted to be active for my kids, to be able to be a healthy example and be around to spend lots of time with my grand kids.
2. Mindset. I am a believer that you won't ever lose weight until you are ready. I tried to lose weight many many many times before. But I never cared enough to see it through. After a few days I would give up, but one day I decided that it was time and that was it, I was off and running (literally)
3. Momentum. Once I got started after a few weeks, I was feeling so much better. I never believed when people said that it gives you more energy, but now I know it does. And when people started noticing that just pushed me more.
4. Maintaining. The one I haven't gotten to. I maintain my workouts and am going to work to lose the rest of it. Then it will all be about keeping it up. I don't ever want to gain it back.
January 2008
Photobucket
November 2008.(its the latest picture I could find of myself)
Photobucket

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Like I said we have a lot in common. When I was 29 I decided that enough was enough and I didn't want to spend anymore time being overweight. So I did it. I went to the gym and worked out faithfully, and met with a dietician and learned how to eat right. I lost 90 pounds. However I struggled with the maintenance part. =)

Kristen said...

I have a feeling that will be the hardest one...

Jessica said...

You should be so proud of yourself, you look great! You're an inspiration and you're so determined.

Anonymous said...

I think you look incredible!! You are an inspiration to many!

Jessica said...

I wish you could have found a picture of your whole body cause it looks great. You are in an inspiration in yourself... keep it up!