CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 20, 2008

Creativity needed....

I have been working on the kids bathroom for a while (ok not activly working but whatever) So I have about half of the wall paper pulled off but it is a pain to get the upper boarder. But my motivation has been lacking. I think that it is because I don't have a theme of what i want to do. I have thought about a sea theme with sandcastles and shells and gray blue paint. Then there is my monkey idea, which involves palm trees and bright paint. But I am not wild about either one. It has to be unisex (otherwise it would be princesses if Kara had her way) Something that will look nice and still kid friendly. Currently it has blue and tan linolium, but that can be changed. It will require a shower curtin so that has to be part of the idea and the sink and mirrors are light wood. So help me with ideas!

7 comments:

Joel and Leslie said...

I think you should do a Giants theme. You could paint "G"'s along the top of the wall as a border and pom poms around the middle of the wall. That gives you the unisex theme. You could also get a football nightlight that turns on whenever the lights are off. Get a blue shower curtain and red rugs. A football shaped tooth brush holder. A red towel for Kara, and a blue towel for Jason. So much potential.

Brenda said...

I've been thinking about redoing our hall bathroom also. I think I'm going to go with a frog theme. I have a friend who took some amazing pics of tree frogs on green foliage that I want to frame and hang in there, and put some lime green accents in the room. Could be fun....

Jessica said...

How about Giants helmets with princess crowns around them? Everyone wins!

Kristen said...

Ok, have you guys seen Jasons room the Giants theme has been done! Frogs....hummm...That could go with jungle which was another idea I had before

The Beaverette said...

Frogs and princesses are a universal way to mix gender. I saw it pottery barn once. It was so cute.

Joel and Leslie said...

How about painting the wall all a brownish-tan color (to match the linoleum) and having Kara and Jason do a handprint border along the middle or lower middle of the wall. Jason's print would be blue, and Kara's pink. Both of those colors would look cute with the brown (the right shades). then you could put up some cute pictures of Kara and Jason together...maybe black and whites in dark frames, all the same? Who knows, it might be random, it might be cute. Any way you decorate it, definitely have fun!

Anonymous said...

Use the colors you have and go to Micheal's and buy letters to spell Jason and Kara's Powder room (or something clever)for the wall and paint them the exsisting colors and hang them with ribbon to accent another color in the bathroom. Then hang pictures of them up through out the yrs in the bubble bath (no floaters) in their favorite towel, etc... you get it.