CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Competitive Kara!

So Kara ran in her own turkey trot the other day. They had all the kids 0-4 run together. Tim went to the finish line while I stayed at the start. As the kids started running Kara ran, and she cried. Why? Because she wasn't the fastest I guess. At the time we thought it was because she was scared because she couldn't see us and she had never been in a race before. In the aftermath we realized it was because she was not the fastest. I have had this conversation many times with her since.
Me- Kara you did a really good job in that race!
Kara- I'm sorry guys I am just to slow. All the other kids were faster.
M- Kara you did good you finished the race.
K - All the other kids were so fast they got to the finished the race first.
M- Kara is doesn't matter that you didn't finish first, just that you did it. I didn't finish first in my race either.
K- Mommy, all the other mommies were faster than you too, you were too slow too. (thanks Kara!)

This just goes on and on as I try to convince her that she did good. Today we got our Keva juice that she got for participating in the race and she did seam to think that it would make her faster. We will be working on our running now.
I guess she's got that competitive bug!

5 comments:

Joel and Leslie said...

Hey Tim and Kristen, knowing that you guys are probably teaching your kids to be Giants fans, I just want to make sure you are also teaching them to keep the safety on their guns on if they are going to carry them around in their pants. I would really hate to see someone shoot themself in their own leg.

Was his hamstring hurting that bad?

Didn't he realize by getting suspended for a game and sitting games out because of a "sore" leg doesn't mean he has to literally shoot himself in the foot?

Did he just think he was protecting himself from Manning who was dropping back into a shotgun formation?

ok, I am out of jokes for now. I will go think of some more.

Kristen said...

Joel you are too funny!

Jessica said...

She's so cute! Someday Kara's going to understand exactly how hard it is to run 6 miles at 8 am! You did great, I'm so glad I saw you!

Jenn said...

Today on our way to church fom nursery. Karas competitive nature comes out again. All the way there: "I am gonna beat you!!"

Unknown said...

I think Kara needs to share a little bit of that with me, especially in the BL game!! LOL I'm super impressed that you both even did it, great job!