CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Spur of the moment vacation.

Tim and I have been saying that we want to go on vacation....But we haven't planned one, didn't have the time or the money ready. But somehow Tim text me on Sunday while he was at work and said let get away tommorrow. 6 flags or the coast. Both sounded good to me, and I just happened to have Monday tuesday and wednesday off it worked out. Monday we went to six flags discovery kingdom. Where if you buy your tickets right now they are $29.99 but for $39.99 you can get a season pass for six visits. So we went for that and plan on going back once a month until January.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Then from there we weren't ready to go home so we drove to peataluma and spent the night. In the morning we debated where to go and ended up going north on our way to Eureka. We saw the turn off for Fort Bragg and said why not, and went that way. Stopping in mendicino and then for lunch and Ocean playing in fort bragg. The kids loved it. The water was cold but the sand was warm. So we would get out feet wet then bury them in the sand to warm them up.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket And I was able to get a Family picture!Photobucket It seams like the first good one since Jason was born! After the ocean we headed up toward Eureka stopping in Leggett to pick blackberries, yum! Through the avenue of giants, and made it to Eureka where all the rooms were booked and we got the very last one. At, a hefty price:(....(well we probablly could have gotten a roach motel). In the morning we hit the mall for a little bit then made our way towards home. We stopped at the trinity river and let the kids wade in it for a while. And then in Weaverville for a late lunch. What a relaxing trip, with no intinary no rules and no reservations. We decided that we need to do it more often. Along the way we read The five people you meet in heaven. I read aloud to Tim as we were driving, and we finished it about 45 minutes before we got home. What a great book. It definetly puts your mind to thinking about where you fit in Gods plan and the people in your life and why they are there. Even someone who you may have only meet once or not even at all. You should all read it.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome vacation... that is a lot of driving! I know all those places well and man the kids had to be good for you to finish all that. I love Fort Bragg! not much to do but still my home away from home:)

Let me know when you got to Six Flags again... if I am free maybe Wessie and I can meet up with you guys!

Shorty said...

I can not believe how many times you blogged since the last time I checked! I love the cake you made fo Jason! Super cute. And the picnic pictures were so cute too. Sorry you couldn't stay and play our baseball game. It was really fun.
Your Vacation sounds perfect. What a wonderful family memory. I love the family picture! Hope you get to do it again soon!

Jed said...

Yay I am so proud of you for blogging. SO JEALOUS!! I wanna go to Six Flags and the coast. Oh man to have all you children under school age so you can do those fun things anytime instead of all crammed into the summer. I had no clue!!! Anyway, awesome posts and pics, glad you enjoyed your vacation.

JENN

Dixie said...

What fun. Those kind of vacations are very memorable. Keep posting as it seems everyone else has stopped. It is fun to read what you all have to say.

Aunt Dixie