CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Inspiration....

It's funny, sometimes you don't realize that things that you do in your life inspire other people. I have been working out for about 6 months and have been building up my stamina of running. I can now run for 20 minutes with out stopping and am working on speeding up. I remember the days when I would run for 30 seconds to a minute to try to reach a goal and then take 1-2 minutes to recover.
Today at the gym another woman says to me that I inspire her. This is a thin girl around my age, who I see several days a week there. I say "really?" and she says "yes. I see you running everyday on that treadmill and I could never do that."
I personally never thought that I would inspire someone, in that way.
Interesting....It makes me think about the people that inspire me, and if they know that they do?
There are so many people who inspire me in every way of my life.... Like my friend Heather who has inspired me to go green, who I think about guiltily if I go to the store and forget my reusable bags. Like Jamie (and the other kidventure teachers) who puts so much work in every week to make church fun for kids. And Shannon my floor sup at work, who I wanted so badly to not like and I can't not like her, her confidence and personality just won't let me and I am thankful for that because I would've missed out on this person who has become a friend. Joel for inspiring me everyweek with a message that is relevant in my life, that I feel like he is talking straight to me. And for not kicking me and Kara out because she is dancing all over or trying to play the drums on the chairs and asking if its time to go to kids church yet. My Mom who has had a not so great last 3 years and still keeps on trucking, to doctors appointments and dialysis, and never says how much she hates it although I know she must. And Dad who takes such good care of her and is so passionate about it. And Tim who knows me so well that he isn't afraid to point out things to me when he sees fault in my thoughts. Who has become such and inspirtation to me and the things I never knew he could do, like keep his calm when one of our babies have their first fall and I am freaking out. Or get Jason to lie still to change a diaper when he always crawls away from me.
Who inspires you?

1 comments:

Jessica said...

Good blog... I have a list of people who inspire me as well, and you are right I bet they don't even know.